Tuesday, December 25, 2012

In a One Horse Open Sleigh

Merry Christmas!  We've had a wonderful day with part of the family and are looking forward to more this weekend!  Hope your holiday is merry and bright as well!

A few weeks ago I found this awesome vintage sled at my antique mall.  Actually, my friend Sharla at the House at Bluebird Lane had just shown me a sled that she bought so I had sled on the brain.  As she and I stood there talking, I noticed this awesome vintage sled. 



 We arm-wrestled for it.  Sharla was quite the gracious friend and let me have it.  And it was a bargain!  Don't hate me.  
I paid $7 for it!


I had visions of using it in front of my tree.  So I rushed home and stacked some gifts in it.   Perfect!


















Today we found another use for it.  It was the perfect prop for photos of Jay's first Christmas!



He was pretty proud of sitting in the sled!

He didn't want to get out!

So he sat in the sled and opened presents!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!


Pin It
Three Mango Seeds

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Sorry- I am TRYING not to hate you but the jealousy is winning out. What a sweet baby on that sled-Hope you had a wonderful Christmas- xo Diana

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Just stopping by, even though I'm late to say Happy Holidays. Your little one is just too darn cute on that sled. Wishing you a good New Year!

Sandy said...

Jay is beautiful and what a find in that
sled... Happy New Year to you and your
family..
Sandy

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Your son is so cute sitting in the sled! Love his huge smile.
I found one like that about 6 years ago at a yard sale...sorry...for $5.00! Our second grandson came shortly after so we have used it to pull him around (it still had the original handle). I decorated it for the front door this year, but next year we will use it for our third grandson coming soon.
Saw you linking at It's Party Time!
Debbie :)

lucysinspired said...

That sled is amazing. $7 makes me want to punch you! just kidding. very cute! I hope you will keep it up for the winter!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

adorable. I have 2 of our sleds from when I was a kid and I love decorating with them.

Cheri