Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Nightstand to Forget

My teachers come back to work in one week, so I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready to greet them.  So it doesn't surprise me when I forget something.  My brain's just trying to hold on to too much!

Last night I showed you how to strip and refinish a table top.  I used a pair of nightstands that I recently found at a flea market.  I promised tonight to show you the finished product.  Now I would have bet money that I took pictures of the process.  Evidently they fell out of my brain along with half the other stuff I'm trying to remember!

Fortunately I snapped a couple of pictures when I dropped them off at the shop this weekend.  Guess you can get the basic idea.

I painted them with two coats of ASCP Old White, distressed, clear wax and dark glaze.


This is the front of the nightstand.  The back has a built in magazine rack.  Pretty cool!

Guess you'll have to take my word for it!


Pin It

3 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Really pretty - love the beautiful wood tops! And I'll take your word for the magazine racks! ... Don't know how you have time to do it all!

Unknown said...

Looks great Cyndi!

Kathy Bradshaw said...

You have such a great eye for finding items to revive. Beautiful work. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com New follower